Sunday, 20 July 2008

Feedback

The letter was in Maria's mailbox at noon, as planned, and I was a bit nervous around this time, I knew she would take it and read it immediatly because she would recognise my writing on the envelope. So I was waiting in my kitchen, thinking about her reading it, and wondering how she would answer, would she write me back? or call me? what would I say, etc... Finally, she answered by texting me, she just wrote: "Charlie, thanks for your letter, but let me tell you something: whatever you would be or do, it would never change anything between us! I'm really glad you told me. Kisses"

I was relieved, I was so happy to have sent that letter! Now she knows it and it gave me the confidence to tell other friends (I haven't done it yet but I will soon). I didn't dare to call her just after though, I also knew she was with his boyfriend so that she wouldn't speak on the phone in front of him etc. But we will meet us next week and we will certainly talk about it.

It is just a problem with my other friends, they all know each other, and lot of them have parents that are meeting my parents every week or so, and I know that if I tell one of them it will automatically come to the ears of my sister at first, and at my parents finally. I will already be uncomfortable with my siter, because although she will certainly be ok about it I know that it will be a great shock for both of us, but I really don't want my parents to know it, because I know it would be a drama and they would cry, be desparate, it will be heard up till Sweden, and my father and his wife would try to "change me" as they did with Frank, and everything... and I really don't want anything of this to happen. So I guess it will be a pretty technical challenge for me, to deal with all these parameters. I never told anything to my parents about my love life, I think it's much better to have a clear separation, because my father has no limit and noses around and is very intrusive, and I hate to have people nosing in my private life. Well, we'll see how it happens...

3 comments:

Aek said...

I'm glad your friend took it well! But it wasn't unexpected, right? Still, a relief to have it over with nonetheless. Yeah, parents . . . treading carefully is so exhausting.

D. said...

good luck! i hope everything goes well :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what good news Charlie! Awesome! It's always good to have one or two allies as you come out, just in case you get that occasional friend or family member who just doesn't understand. you need to be affirmed in who you are.