Thursday, 17 September 2009

What can you say when a love affair is over?

I got a mail from Lucas, and it's not great news... It wasn't really a surprise after last Friday. Well, he says he has a lot on his mind, he hadn't moved on from his last boyfriend, does not want any commitment now with all the work he has at the univerity, and blamed alcool for what happened between us. So, it's over... I felt really bad yesterday, when I received it, I felt sad and angry. Sad because even if I didn't know what would happen between us, I was feeling good with him. Angry because I don't understand how it can go from "you're the nicest guy ever, I feel so good when I'm with you, I want to see you again" to that in just a few days. Maybe I gave the impression to want too much too fast, but when a guy says such things, how would you react? Play like you're not interested? I don't know... I don't know what and if I did something wrong. I wish I could learn something from that but I dont know what. Maybe to be less enthusiastic, more careful. I'm sad that he didn't decide to give a try, without thinking too much about what would happen.

It'll take me a few days to recover I guess...

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

That must really hurt.

I think what happens sometimes is sorta like "buyer's remorse." (Seeing bad things about a major item only after one has bought it.) People can get swept up in the enthusiasm of the moment. Then the next day they start having second thoughts. Would it have ended differently if you had handled it differently? No way of knowing, but once he decided that he didn't want to move into a relationship with you, it probably wasn't going to happen no matter what you did.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

Aek said...

:(

I'm so sorry, it sounded like things were looking between you and Lucas at first! I wouldn't give up just yet. Give him a bit of distance and start at being "just friends" and see what happens next. At the very least it'd be good to have another friend, right?

*Hugs* I hope things get better soon!

charlie said...

Buyers remorse? thanks for the comparison! :D kidding, I understand what you say. It happened to me with my new sofa :P but... now that I tested it for a few months, I love it!

I don't know if I want to be friend with him, I don't think I could handle it... I'll just turn the page.