We woke up early in the morning, took a shower, put our suits, and I did the tie knots for all my team. We headed to the court for a introductive meeting. We were to speak around 11 am, so we headed to our hotel room and continued to prepare, the stress was increasing, no one of us had ever spoken in front of a court, and we were to begin our career in front of some federal judges and the best specialists in the country, kind of scary!
We went back to the supreme court, and just before entering the tribunal room, I told my mates to adjust their ties, because they were really loose and it was really looking bad, and they were "easy man, it's what we say that counts, and I can't breathe if I adjust". We entered, the president presented the judges, and just before one of my mates started to speak, a judge asked the president to let him speak, and he looked at my mate, and said "Sir, let me tell you that I am deeply shocked by the way you present yourself in front of the court: your tie is loose, and not even aligned, and the last button of your shirt is not even closed. If you don't know how to wear a tie, then don't, this is an insult to the supreme authorities of the country!" I knew it... Good start!
Despite this incident, it went well. The opposite party spoke after us, and during the time they spoke I prepared the retort. It's damn stressing to listen, and to find a conterstrike at the same time, but it's also damn thrilling, I loved it :) I found the best argument ever, wich could destroy all the others pleading, and I had my time telling it, haha, I'll never forget the changing face of the other team :P
We went for another round in the afternoon, and then left the tribunal, happy, and looking forward to see who would be in the last round. We had given everything that we could, and although we knew that some had for sure been better, we still had some hope. There was a gala dinner in the evening, and this time the ties were adjusted :) Alessandro looks so hot in a suit, oh my god... He's half italian, half portugese, and has the body of Jesus Luz, if you add the latin lover look, and the perfectly adjusted suit... it's a crime to be that fit!
The results were told, and unfortunately, we were not selected for the last round. Knowing that, we made the most of free beverages that were offered by the sponsors, wich resulted in some innapropriate demonstrations of good temper :P The german speaking always says that we, the french speaking, are drunkards, and I think taht we gave them some points...
We left and headed to a nightclub with a group of friends, among wich there was a good looking shy guy that I was sure to have met somewhere. We looked at each other during the first part of the night, and then I went to talk to him. Unfortunately I was already a bit drunk, and I think that I looked like a dumb... I had a few beers with him, but I don't remember what I told him, so it's maybe better if I never see him again, lol
Alessandro and I left before the others, because I told him to take me home before I was too drunk. We came back to the hotel room around 1 am, but had fun until 5 in the morning. It was really cool to speak with him, and I think that he was really happy too, because he has an evil girlfriend who doesn't let him go out, and he doesn't go at his friends anymore.
Well, the weekend was absolutely great, it was really stressing, but a unforgetable experience! I'm looking forward to be a lawyer, and to feel like I'm going on a battlefield every morning :) Some think that to study law is boring, but they don't know what they are speaking about!
4 comments:
Your ability to listen and fashion a good counter-argument on the spot is essential for a courtroom lawyer, so it sounds as if you are following the right course of study.
Sounds like you did awesome, even if you all didn't get selected for the final round. :-) By the way, why were you doing everyone's tie? Were you all wearing bowties or something?
Just a necktie, but it seems that I'm the only boy that had an education ;)
Well, at least you have fun despite you didn't go the the next round... You did great, it's nice start to some amazing lawyer career, for sure!
Post a Comment